Thursday, January 28, 2010

Well this month has been kinda rough on little miss Kaitlyn. She's had some acidents and then about 10 days of nighttime accidents (which have cleared up, btw, after me talking to her about the ABC Train!!!!!! Pfffffft to you silly Dr's who think I'm crazy and know nothing!) and then this past week has been just horrible with tantrums and meltdown after meltdown.

We went to see the Developmental Ped again for a follow up last week and we decided to keep her meds the way they are and just keep and eye on the behavior and see if it is getting worse, same or better. I decided that I'm going to start, yet another, behavior type log. I had stopped doing it because I got sick of writing the same things over and over but this one will be a little different and just simple. I just want to track a few things and check for patterns and things not find out WHY she is melting down... I know why those things happen!

So far her therapy at school has been so limited I dont see that she has gotten anywhere with it. She hasnt even had enough time with the therapist for me to go to the school and say anything about it. It's frustrating to say the least and I'm not one for playing this waiting game. Nothing else I can do though, I'm stuck in the muck on this one right now.

This week Kaitlyn has had two BM accidents at school. On Tuesday when she had one the teacher had her clean herself up and take care of everything on her own, which I understand the whole building independence thing, but Kaitlyn came home with a terribly raw rear from not cleaning well enough and she was crying because she couldnt sit down in the car it hurt so bad. Then today she had another accident. She said she was busy making her stairs (with Legos) and that she didnt want to leave them so she ended up waiting too long and barely made it to the bathroom with a small accident in her pants. In talking to Kaitlyn about it I could feel her anxiety coming out when she told me that she couldnt get the stairs to go "right" and she needed them to be right before she could go potty... also she feared that if she left them to go they might be gone when she came back and she was right... when she came out of the bathroom the legos were put away and the table was moved. She started crying as she told me that part. I can tell that those things make her anxious - she didnt get to put them away and clean up (her words) so I think she didnt get closure on that activity and it's extremely hard for her to move from one thing to another like that.

Tonight has been fun so far, while I was cooking dinner I told the kids to go find something to play with (we practically own a toy store here!!!) while I made dinner. That was just before 4:30pm and that began the screaming and crying meltdown. She had no idea what to play with that was fun and she was demanding that I find her something fun to do and on and on crying away... for a min or two she got quiet and I heard her Leapster2 game turn on so I figured she found something "fun!" Well little brother must have grabbed the game or something and the Leapster started acting funny and not playing the game correctly... this sparked her and escalated the meltdown and it continued on and on and on about how she couldnt play the game, it's not working right, it's broken, she'll never play it again, etc. By this time it was after 5pm and dinner was on the table and she sat down still in her meltdown (which I asked her to get control of if she were going to sit at the table with us). Well... she went to take a drink of her milk and decided that her milk was "too cold" and more escalation to screaming and crying and totally losing control. I ended up sending her to her room because that behavior is not appropriate at the dinner table. She needed to go up, get control of her behavior and center herself... over all the meltdown was 1 hour and 41mins of screaming and crying and stomping and flailing and she did end up with pretty much nothing to eat for dinner since she couldnt not get control of herself.

Now... I look at the moon phase and wonder... what am I in store for tomorrow & on the weekend with the schedule being crazy from the Baptism and since the moon is ALMOST full... I guess we'll find out!!!

No comments: